The new INEC Continuous Voter Registration Portal allows a two-step registration process in which first, prospective registrants log in to pre-register by providing their basic biodata and some biometrics, and the second is to complete the registration by physically presenting themselves at a designated registration center of their choice.
Functions Of INEC Continuous Voter Registration Portal
As a New Voter, you can Pre-Register online, or as a Registered Voter, you can Review your Voter Registration, Request to Update your Information, or Transfer your Voter Registration to another Polling Unit.
This considerably eases the process as a substantial part of the exercise would have been completed online before physical contact with registration officials.
I urge all eligible Nigerians to take advantage of the services offered by the Commission through this portal.
For voters who due to one reason or another other may have relocated outside their polling unit, you can transfer your PCV to the polling unit nearest to you from the comfort of your home or office, without joining the long queues at INEC offices. This way, you can exercise your franchise during election periods, irrespective of where you are.
How To Transfer Voter’s Card
- Log on to cvr.inecnigeria.org
- Click on Services from the menu
- Voter Transfer
- Create an account with your email address
- Afterward, Login with your email
- Open the link sent to you in your email
- Fill out the form provided and your new address
- Go through your application to be sure of no mistakes
- Save as instructed.
- Use your phone to snap and upload 2 of your photos (The first photo with a serious face and the second with a smiling face)
- Wait for when it is ready and INEC will send you a message (on your phone and or your email) about where to pick up your card (close to your new location).
How To Pre-Register For INEC Voter’s Card
Those who have not registered can use it to pre-register. Then go to INEC office for biometrics capturing. It’s so convenient.
How To Check Voter’s Status
If you are already a registered voter, check your status via this link https://voters.inecnigeria.org/. It is seamless, innovative, and reliable.
Simply select your:
- Date of Birth
If your details are not in the database please go and register. Don’t just pray for good leaders, work by taking part in their emergence through the ballot. Be involved!
Get your Voter’s Card!! It is your Civic Responsibility
You can share this post with family, church, meeting groups, school alumni, town unions, PTA, etc so that those who moved/relocated from other states or neighbourhoods can use it to redirect their voter cards. It’s crucial they do.